This will be the first of many more smoothies that I will try out from my fresh, sustaining & stimulating smoothie recipe book, “The Smoothie Kitchen”. This recipe was inspired by a Blackberries & Cream smoothie but I changed it up based on the ingredients that I had available and it was devine!
Cranberry have a vast array of phytonutrients. Many of these phytonutrients offer antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits and can treat conditions such as UTIs. Cranberries are a very good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, and manganese, vitamin E, vitamin K, copper and pantothenic acid.
A Few Quick Serving Ideas
If you are not sure whether it will be worth buying a whole bag of cranberries to store in your freezer, I have added a few other serving recommendations below to help convince you:
- Use them to replace vinegar or lemon when dressing your green salads. Toss the greens with a little olive oil and then add color and zest with a handful of raw cranberries.
- Combine fresh cranberries with other fruits such as oranges, apples, pineapple or pears in a fruit salad.
- Combine unsweetened cranberry in equal parts with your favorite fruit juice and sparkling mineral water for a lightly sweetened, refreshing spritzer.
- Add color and variety to your favorite recipes for rice pudding, quick breads or muffins by using dried unsweetened cranberries instead of raisins.
- Sprinkle a handful of dried unsweetened cranberries over a bowl of hot oatmeal or any cold cereal.
- Mix dried unsweetened cranberries with lightly roasted and salted nuts for a delicious snack.
For more info on Acai, refer to my Radiant Raspberry & Acai Smoothie recipe.
Now, on to the Creamy Cranberry & Acai Smoothie recipe!
Creamy Cranberry & Acai Smoothie - Cool & Creamy Morning Starter!Print This
- 1 Cup Frozen Cranberries
- 100g Sachet Acai Pulp (Unsweetened & Frozen)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 3/4 Cup Greek Yoghurt
- Mint/ Leaves to garnish
- Almond Flakes to garnish
- Add all ingredients except the Yoghurt to the blender and blend until smoothie enough to drink. Add more Almond Milk if required.
- Pour into 2 glasses and add Yoghurt on top. Stir gently.
- Garnish with Cranberries, Almond Flakes and your leaf of choice.